The ARMADILLO includes:
- Automated focuser
- Instrument rotator
- Automated cooling fan control
- Independent control of any controller pin, manual or automated (depending on temperature delta), useful not only for fan control but also for dew heater bands or other devices.
- Filter wheel control (stepper based, not USB filter wheels!)
- Any two (three in the case of the Platypus) functions at the same time
- A bombproof usb connection,
- Accurate temperature sensor
- Extra internal isolation for more security.
The focuser, rotator and filter wheel software are ASCOM compliant
And, also Linux / INDIlib driver for the focuser!
And the PLATYPUS...
All the features of the Seletek Armadillo plus network connection (ethernet) and a third peripheral port.
It is the best controller to automate your observatory, managing up to 3 devices: focusers, camera rotators, filter wheels, up to 3 at the same time.
The Platypus can be accessed by local network and USB, with concurrent connections: one computer via network and other via local USB, a few of them via network...
Things you can do with your armadillo or platypus:
|4 analog-digital inputs||6 analog-digital inputs + 5 digital inputs|
|Optional 2A/port upgrade||12 power digital outputs (up to 1A/port), 4 in each port|
Optional 2A/port upgrade
|Temperature sensor||Internal and optional external||Internal and optional external|
|PC connection||USB only||USB and Ethernet (internet)|
|185 * 124 * 60 mm (incl. DB9 connectors)|
|OSs supported||Any current Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32 or 64 bits)||Any current Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32 or 64 bits)|
|Power supply||-12 to 24 V dc (depending on the motor used), typically 12 V dc||-12 to 24 V dc (depending on the motor used), typically 12 V dc- Standard 5.2 jack power connector|