In 2008 Lunatico reached an agreement with Antonio Gomes Peres of AAG, for the manufacture and global marketing of the cloud detection device "AAG CloudWatcher". In late 2014, the agreement was extended to cover the whole production of the CloudWatcher, including software and hardware development.
The CloudWatcher is a high precision, low cost system for monitoring the sky condition. This has been achieved by, firstly, a clever product design by its creator Antonio Peres, and secondly, by the meticulous production from Lunático Astronomy.
But the AAG CloudWatcher does not stress only its low cost, but also by its high quality and unique features.
Its intuitive graphic software allows an inmediate and very visual reading of information. It lets the user set the measuring parameters, achieving a powerful and very accurate cloud detection. All alerts (cloudy, rain, etc) can be programmed to play sound files; that way, and using a couple of simple and inexpensive "walkie talkies" with "vox" function, the alarm can be heard away from the observatory, eliminating the need for a second computer.
From April 2011, it can read an optional anemometer to measure wind speed and includes a communications watchdog to detect PC hangups.
AAG and anemometer mounted in the specially designed bracket for the best operation and performance of the both units.
|The AAG CloudWatcher comprises:|
(1) Choose your best option.
(2) The IP68 connectors make the installation of the unit so much easier - the cable can be routed conveniently through a conduit, the smaller side of the cable being a cylindrical connector only 19mm. in diameter.
(3) The Relay cable can withstand a voltage of 220 vol. But not being a security cable it is advised to connect it to low voltage devices (12 or 24v).
* ASCOM observing conditions standard: Chris Rowland's driver tested to work with both the AAG windows software and the Solo. Download from the ASCOM web site:
* INDI weather driver available: http://indilib.org/devices/weather-stations.html
- MASTER and REMOTE installations can be independently parameterized;
- Sky temperature correction model to account for excessive atmospheric long wave radiation during summer;
- All alerts can be defined as sound alerts, with a specific sound file to be played when the alert condition occurs;
- Switch control can be disabled and be performed by an external program (suitable to control other equipment);
- Automatic shutdown routine built in the firware (user programmable)
- Firmware may be updated by the user
- Allows the electrical constants to be changed by the user;
- A complete set of properties / methods for inter-program communications;
- Compatible with existing firmware versions 1.xx, 2.xx and future version 3.xx;
- ACP, CCDCommander, CCDAutopilot 3, 4 and 5 compatible;
- ASCOM & SGPro compatible using Chris Rowland's ASCOM safety monitor driver
- Can combine information from any standard weather station supported by Virtual Weather Station, Weather Display or Cumulus software (by using the free software AAG_WeatherCenter)