In 2008 Lunatico reached an agreement with Antonio Gomes Peres of AAG, for the manufacture and global marketing of the cloud detection device "AAG CloudWatcher". In late 2014, the agreement was extended to cover the whole production of the CloudWatcher, including software and hardware development.
The CloudWatcher is a high precision, low cost system for monitoring the sky condition. This has been achieved by, firstly, a clever product design by its creator Antonio Peres, and secondly, by the meticulous production from Lunático Astronomy.
But the AAG CloudWatcher does not stress only its low cost, but also by its high quality and unique features.
Its intuitive graphic software allows an inmediate and very visual reading of information. It lets the user set the measuring parameters, achieving a powerful and very accurate cloud detection. All alerts (cloudy, rain, etc) can be programmed to play sound files; that way, and using a couple of simple and inexpensive "walkie talkies" with "vox" function, the alarm can be heard away from the observatory, eliminating the need for a second computer.
From April 2011, it can read an optional anemometer to measure wind speed and includes a communications watchdog to detect PC hangups.
|New to February 2015, we're offering a companion product, the "Solo", making the AAG CloudWatcher more useful and easy to use than ever!|
AAG and anemometer mounted in the specially designed bracket for the best operation and performance of the both units.
|The AAG CloudWatcher comprises:|
- A box with a special exterior finish that includes 4 sensors that are shown in the program through their corresponding graphs. They allow a thorough and easily understandable measurement of atmospheric conditions:
- Clouds sensor
- Rain sensor
- Light sensor
- Temperature sensor
- Anemometer (optional)
- 3, 5 or 10m. (1) long detachable wheather-proof cable with IP68 connector (2), used to connect the cloudwatcher instrument to a PC.
- Relay (3) for observatory opening/closing.
(1) Choose your best option.
(2) The IP68 connectors make the installation of the unit so much easier - the cable can be routed conveniently through a conduit, the smaller side of the cable being a cylindrical connector only 19mm. in diameter.
(3) The Relay cable can withstand a voltage of 220 vol. But not being a security cable it is advised to connect it to low voltage devices (12 or 24v).