AAG_CloudWatcher is a software / hardware product designed to monitor a number of environmental parameters, namely, sky temperature, rain precipitation, light conditions, ambient temperature, relative humidity and wind speed (with optional sensors connected),
The sky temperature is measured
by means of an infrared sensor, the presence of rain by means of a rain sensor
based on frequency variations, the surrounding light intensity by means of a
The sky infrared temperature information is used to determine the amount of clouds in the sky based on the fact that clear skies emit very low infrared radiation (i.e. low infrared temperature) and vice versa.
This software version allows different PC’s in the same local area network to share the information of the same AAG_CloudWatcher device. The program installed in the PC connected to the AAG_CloudWatcher must run in MASTER mode and in REMOTE mode for any other PC in the network.
This MASTER role can also be assumed by a "Solo" device, which will be then connected physically to the CloudWatcher device.
· The Unsafe conditions can have a different composition;
· The alarm sounds can be different;
· The sky infrared temperature is calculated according to the Temperature Correction Factors defined under Device section / Setup TAB. If different from those of the MASTER installation, the sky temperature will be different from that of the MASTER installation;
Also note that the REMOTE installation:
· has no control of the switch;
· has no control of the rain sensor heater;
The software is an Active EXE module which can also provide information to other programs regarding cloud, rain, wind and light conditions (see Working with other programs)